Kids at Sno-Isle Libraries
Visit the BLM Reading Room to find interactive stories, interviews and songs. Also download a PDF guide to talking with young children about racial injustice. Then, view eBooks and eAudiobooks on anti-racism and social justice for kids.
BLM Reading Room
Created by Michelle Widawer.
COVID-19 Resources: Find Remote Learning and Family Activities
- Sno-Isle Libraries Kids Homework Help
- Sno-Isle Libraries Teens Homework Help
- Scholastic Learn At Home
- Simon and Schuster: The Book Pantry
- TEDEd - Video-based lessons for elementary school through university level learners and educators.
- Who HQ - History focused lesson plans for educators or parents
- What Do We Do All Day - Books and activities for kids
At Home Family Activities
Reading & Storytime
- Harry Potter at Home
- Goodnight with Dolly - Bedtime stories read by Dolly Parton daily at 4pm PDT
- Sno-Isle Digital Kids: There are lots of ways to enjoy books! Read, watch and listen to your favorites using these different formats and services.
- List of Children’s and YA Authors Doing Online Read Alouds & Activities
- Storyline Online: Storytimes with books read by celebrities.
- Jbrary Storytime Online Resources
- Kate Messner Read, Wonder and Learn! Favorite authors and illustrators share resources for learning
Animals & Nature
- Seattle Aquarium: Daily activities, talks and feedings, animal webcams, and video library.
- Woodland Park Zoo Blog
- Washington State Parks Junior Ranger Program
- Cincinnati Zoo
- Ranger Rick
Art & Music
- Google Arts and Cultures: Virtual educational tours.
- Seattle Symphony Virtual Concerts
- Stuck In Doors Guide to Red Ted Art
- Blick Art Lesson Plans: Hundreds of free art projects for grades K-12.
- DC Comics Kids Camp: Kid-friendly, superhero themed activities and previews of past and upcoming DC middle grade graphic novels to enjoy at home.
- Pacific Science Center’s Curiosity at Home: Live science shows, behind the scenes videos, and activities to do at home.
- Burke Museum from Home: Activities, weekly curriculum packets, video Q&As with curators, native species identification, and virtual visits.
- Stay at Home with Seattle Art Museum
- Imagine Children’s Museum
- Smithsonian Institution: Eight digital education resources to explore as a family.
- British Museum
- National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- The White House