Build your internet presence
- Lynda.com - Over 4000 online tutorials covering business and technology taught by industry experts.
- Small Business Reference Center - Explore the Business Areas category to find videos, articles and 'how to' on the topic "Business & the Internet."
- "Cyber Security for Businesses" Booklist
- "Social Media Marketing" - Booklist
Financial & legal resources
- LegalForms - Access Washington state-specific, customizable legal documents including contracts, employment documents, and more.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Find publications and legal forms to address a range of legal issues, including topics in business law, patents, copyright, and trademarks.
- Small Business Reference Center - Explore the Business Areas category to find full text articles on "Legal Issues" like incorporation, HR law, case law, and many other topics.
- Value Line Research Center - Look up company reports, industry reports, or specific issues in PDF format.
- "Contracts & Disputes" - Booklist
- "Financial Statements/Accounting" - Booklist
- "How to Raise Capital" - Booklist
- DemographicsNow - U.S. demographic data for gaining consumer and market insight.
- ReferenceUSA - Job search, business research, and marketing database including more than 25 million business profiles & 267 million U.S. residents. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
- Small Business Reference Center - Explore the Business Areas categories "Expanding a Business" and "Marketing & Public Relations" to identify suggestions on financing expansion, doing business abroad, and more.
- Small Business Reference Center - Explore the Business Areas category to find information about "Employees," "Legal Issues," and "Management & Leadership Topics."
- Lynda.com - Online tutorials covering everything from human resource fundamentals to thriving in an on-demand economy.
- "Human Resources" Booklist
Personnel skills toolkit
- Lynda.com - Video tutorials on software, web design, business/management skills, financial literacy, job/career skills, etc.
- Learning Express – Interactive practice exams and guides for academic ((GED (also in Spanish), ACT, SAT, GRE)), U.S. citizenship, civil service, military, and professional licensing & certification tests.
- Mango Languages - Instruction in more than 70 languages.
- "Management on the Go: Audiobooks" - Booklist
- "Management Skills: Demystified" - Booklist
- "Public Speaking/Networking" - Booklist
Chambers of Commerce
Locate your local chamber or business association to attend professional development trainings and network.
- Arlington/Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce
- Darrington Strong
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
- Granite Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Stevens Chamber of Commerce
- Lynnwood Chamber of Commerce
- Marysville/Tulalip Chamber of Commerce
- Mill Creek Business Association
- Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Mountlake Terrace Business Association
- Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce
- Sky Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Snohomish Chamber of Commerce
- Stanwood Chamber of Commerce
- Department of Labor and Industries - Information about wage requirements, contractor guidelines, trades and licensing, permits, and more.
- Department of Licensing - Learn how to acquire the correct professional license for your small business.
- Department of Revenue - Washington state tax regulations and training information.
- Doing Business in Snohomish County - Connect with small business support services and resources specific to Snohomish County.
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County - The regional economic development agency for Snohomish County, which also hosts services for small businesses.
- Island County Economic Development Council - The regional economic development agency for Island County hosts trainings, assists businesses with developing marketing plans, and more.
- Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance - A valuable guide for information on how to plan, run, grow, and close a business in Washington State.
- SCORE – Connect with an experienced business expert and get advice about starting and running a small business. Sign up for an appointment at a local library.
- Small Business Accelerator at Everett Community College - A program for established businesses to increase revenues and improve business processes.
- U.S. Small Business Administration - A federal governmental agency that gives assistance to small businesses in the form of loans, contracts, and counseling.
- Washington Business Licensing Service - Licensing requirements for starting and running a business in Washington State.
- Washington BusinessHub - A one-stop resource for running or growing your business in Washington State.
- Washington Small Business Development Center - Small business owners receive confidential, objective business advice at no cost.