Find your passion
- Job & Career Accelerator - Use Interest Matcher and Skills Matcher to discover occupation matches based on your interests, skills, and abilities.
- HelpNow - eParachute matches your education, skills, and interests with suggestions for career options.
Cover letter/resume help
- Job & Career Accelerator - Create resumes and cover letters with a step-by-step builder that will help you get noticed.
- LearningExpress - Explore the Career Center to take self-guided tutorials on how to build great resumes and cover letters.
- HelpNow - The "Resume Lab" provides examples, resources, and writing experts who can review your resume or cover letter within 1 business day.
Find a job
- ReferenceUSA - Job search, business research, and marketing database including more than 25 million business profiles & 267 million U.S. residents. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
- Job & Career Accelerator - Access job listings from all major job boards and track your applications.
Learn new skills
- Learning Express Library - Enhance your employability by building workplace skills such as business writing, social networking, interviewing, occupation exams, and more.
- Lynda.com - Video tutorials on software packages, web design, business/management skills, financial literacy, job/career skills, social networking, etc. Includes Microsoft Office, Windows, and Mac OS.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy - Training in fundamental technology skills, such as Windows 8, and more. The Microsoft Imagine Academy provides unlimited access for more than 400 courses.
Additional resources (general related to finding a job)
- Start Next Quarter - Find Washington state community college training to help you find a stable career and determine your eligibility for funding.
- Worksource Snohomish County - Find local Worksource offices and services including hiring events, job skills workshops, and more.
- Worksource Washington - Delivers a wide array of employment and training services for job seekers and employers.
- Worksource Whidbey - Trainings and classes on job searching, networking, and resume building.
There was one place where I could find out who I was and what I was going to become.
And that was the public library.