Teen Read Month 2016
October is when we celebrate the joy of reading for pleasure. Don't get too bogged down by homework. You can always find some time to Read for the Fun of It!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx
Read with your dog!
Post pictures of yourself reading with your dog (or any other favorite beastie) and you will be entered in a drawing for Sno-Isle Teens swag! Be sure to tag @snoisleteens #outsideofadog #teenreadmonth #readforthefunofit
Sno-Isle Libraries has so many great ways you can enjoy books. Have you tried them all?
- Wander into one of our libraries and see what surprises you can find on the shelves.
- Use Overdrive to download ebooks or eaudiobooks, or enjoy them straight from your mobile device. Plus, they have lots of single issue comic books you won't find elsewhere in the library!
- Start a book group, and reserve some of our Book Discussion Kits to share the joy of reading with your friends (and/or make some new ones).
- Use Zinio to read the latest magazines on your computer or tablet, without even coming into the library.
- Check out some international films or manga, and read the subtitles!
- Need ideas for stuff to read? Here are reviews from local teens (and you can write your own), and video reviews from the Sno-Isle Teens Vlog Squad!