Heroes ExploreNote: if you're using a 'catalog only' computer in the libraries, you may not be able to view the link on this page. Please use a public reservation PC to access these links in the library and other areas of the Internet.
Grab your cape and mask and get exploring! What does a superchicken sound like? Find out! You may need it to combat your archenemy. Share your completed activities with a sidekick or take them to your summer hero headquarters—your local library!
- Be a superscientist! With the help of a grown-up, try a science experiment from the American Chemical Society.
- Gather together "junk". Make a sculpture with your found art pieces.
- Create your own superchicken sound with household items. Follow the instructions here.
- Save some toilet paper rolls and create your own super hero cuffs from them.
- Make your own superhero thaumatrope. Follow the instructions here, and download the blank template to create your own design:
- Collect flowers or leaves and press them between the pages of a heavy catalog.
- Put your superspy skills to the test and check out the FBI kid's website.
- Create your own laser field in the backyard or in your house. Take crepe paper streamers or string and criss-cross it at varying heights and lengths in a room or part of your yard. Test your superhero skills and see if you can make it through the streamer/string "lasers" without touching any.
- Every superhero needs a theme song. Write your own! Need help? Check out a song writing book from the library.