Sno-Isle Libraries welcomes students pursuing a career in Library and Information Science. College internships are available to students, including Sno-Isle employees currently enrolled in a library school, wishing to gain valuable, real-world experience and course credit. It is our goal to provide a rich, structured field learning experience for students in a variety of professional settings.
All internships will follow these guidelines:
- Internships are unpaid. All transportation costs are the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns will be supervised by a professional in their field of interest.
- Internships can be completed in any Sno-Isle library or at the Service Center, dependent upon the needs and availability of projects.
- All interns must successfully pass a background check before they begin work.
- All interns must successfully complete an interview process before placement.
- Interns are responsible for coordinating any documentation needed for course credits.
- Interns are held to the same professional expectations as library staff.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to terminate the internship relationship for poor performance or when library policies and procedures are not followed.
To find out more about the Sno-Isle Libraries Internship Program, please contact:
Volunteer Program Administrator
When I got my library card, that's when my life began.
- Rita Mae Brown
Sno-Isle Libraries Administrative & Service Center, 7312 35th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271-7417
360-651-7000 (local) • 877-766-4753 (toll free) • 360-651-7151 (fax)
©2014 Sno-Isle Libraries