Sno-Isle Libraries welcomes students pursuing a career in Library and Information Science. College internships are available to students, including Sno-Isle employees currently enrolled in a library school, wishing to gain valuable, real-world experience and course credit. It is our goal to provide a rich, structured field learning experience for students in a variety of professional settings.
All internships will follow these guidelines:
- Internships are unpaid. All transportation costs are the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns will be supervised by a professional in their field of interest.
- Internships can be completed in any Sno-Isle library or at the Service Center, dependent upon the needs and availability of projects.
- All interns must successfully pass a background check before they begin work.
- All interns must successfully complete an interview process before placement.
- Interns are responsible for coordinating any documentation needed for course credits.
- Interns are held to the same professional expectations as library staff.
- Sno-Isle Libraries reserves the right to terminate the internship relationship for poor performance or when library policies and procedures are not followed.
To find out more about the Sno-Isle Libraries Internship Program, please contact:
Volunteer Program Administrator
It had been startling and disappointing to me to find out that story books had been written by people,
that books were not natural wonders, coming up of themselves like grass.
- Eudora Welty
Sno-Isle Libraries Administrative & Service Center, 7312 35th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271-7417
360-651-7000 (local) • 877-766-4753 (toll free) • 360-651-7151 (fax)
©2014 Sno-Isle Libraries