Write a Business Plan & Start a Business
- GVRL Business Plans View sample, industry-specific business plans to guide the creation of your own.
- Small Business Reference Center Check out the "Start-up Kit & Sample Business Plans" section for sample business plans and guidance on starting a business.
- "Business Plans" - Booklist
- "Franchises" - Booklist
Financial & Legal Resources
- LegalForms - Access Washington state specific, customizable legal documents including contracts, employment documents, and more.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Find publications and legal forms to address a range of legal issues, including topics in business law, patents, copyright, and trademarks.
- Small Business Reference Center Explore the Business Areas category to find information about "Financing a Business" and "Legal Issues."
- "Contracts & Disputes" - Booklist
- "Financial Statements/Accounting" Booklist
- "How to Raise Capital" Booklist
- AtoZDatabases - Generate mailing lists targeted to a specific audience by using the "220 Million Residents," "200,000 New Movers," "50,000 New Homeowners," or "30 Million Businesses & Executives" databases.
- DemographicsNow - Find detailed demographic and consumer expenditure information to help you evaluate the suitability of a region's market for your future business.
- Small Business Reference Center - Explore the Business Areas category to learn about "Marketing & Public Relations" topics.
- Lynda.com - Use a keyword search to learn about areas such as "finding customers" and "social media marketing," or browse related Business Topics.
Chambers of Commerce
Locate your local chamber or business association to attend professional development trainings and to network with local business owners or managers.
- Arlington/Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce
- Darrington Strong
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
- Granite Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Stevens Chamber of Commerce
- Lynnwood Chamber of Commerce
- Marysville/Tulalip Chamber of Commerce
- Mill Creek Business Association
- Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Mountlake Terrace Business Association
- Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce
- Sky Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Snohomish Chamber of Commerce
- Stanwood Chamber of Commerce
- Center for Inclusive Entrepreneurship - CIE provides underserved populations with entrepreneurs with training, advising, mentorship, networking, and peer support.
- Department of Licensing - Learn how to start, operate, or grow a business, and how to obtain business licenses for various industries.
- Department of Revenue - Washington state tax regulations and training information.
- Doing Business in Snohomish County - Connect with small business support services and resources specific to Snohomish County.
- Economic Alliance of Snohomish County - The regional economic development agency for Snohomish County, which also provides services to small businesses.
- GroWashington Help for start-up product-based businesses, including training and business consulting.
- Island County Economic Development Council - The regional economic development agency for Island County hosts trainings, assists businesses with developing marketing plans, and more.
- Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance - A valuable guide for information on how to plan, run, grow, and close a business in Washington State.
- SCORE – Connect with an experienced business expert and get advice about starting and running a small business. Sign up for an appointment at a local library.
- Small Business Administration – Federal agency that gives assistance to small businesses in the form of loans, contracts, and counseling.
- Stats America - The Indiana Business Research Center (IBRC) at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business has developed a set of tools and reports to help understand economic development opportunities from federal, state, and some commercial/private source data.
- Washington BusinessHub - Your one-stop resource for starting and operating a business in Washington State
- Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center - Connect with a counselor to get help getting government contracts from local to federal agencies.
- Washington Small Business Development Center - Small business owners receive confidential, objective business advice at no cost.