The Bookmobile provides library materials and services to people of all ages. It provides service to outlying and underserved communities and to customers who cannot reasonably access a community library.
- Contracting or annexed cities and towns without a library building
- Outlying communities service to communities with limited access to a neighboring library.
- Senior / Care / Youth facilities / Low Income Neighborhoods
- Community events
Stops are 30 to 180 minutes depending on usage and need. The schedule will be arranged to provide optimum and visible service to the largest number of citizens as efficiently as possible.
The Children’s and Outreach Services Manager will recommend changes in scheduled bookmobile stops based on the criteria below to the District Managers and Director of Information, Programming, and Reader Services.
Individuals representing communities may petition for a bookmobile stop using the “Request for Bookmobile Service” form. Addition of new stops will be according to the criteria below. The Director of Information, Programming, and Reader Services will approve all changes to
the bookmobile schedule.
Criteria to establish, modify, or discontinue bookmobile stops:
- The location must be within the Sno-Isle Libraries service area.
- The stops will be evaluated and selected according to their service priority.
- Sufficient staff and resources must be available to add a stop.
- The stop must provide ample room to maneuver and park the bookmobile on a level, solid parking area.
- The stop must provide maximum accessibility and safety for customers and staff; and sufficient parking area for patrons.
- Population density and proximity of other library facilities or stops will be considered in establishing or continuing bookmobile stops.
- Maximum efficiency of bookmobile routes and travel time throughout the two counties served will be considered in adding new stops.
- The bookmobile schedule will be adapted to respond to usage of service including circulation, door count, reference questions, and other library services.
- Preference is given to visible locations that are community centers and/or provide other community services.
- Consistent return of library materials in good condi tion.
- The Library reserves the right to discontinue stops that exhibit a continuing trend of low
- attendance and/or low circulation, or declining use, in order to allow service to other areas
Sno-Isle Libraries: Connecting people, ideas and culture
Sno-Isle Libraries Administrative & Service Center, 7312 35th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271-7417
360-651-7000 (local) • 877-766-4753 (toll free) • 360-651-7151 (fax)
©2014 Sno-Isle Libraries