The mission of Sno-Isle Libraries is to be a community doorway to reading, resources, and lifelong learning, and a center for people, ideas, and culture.
The guiding principles define the most basic beliefs of the Library District. They provide the foundation on which policies and key decisions are made throughout the organization.
The Library District is guided by these principles:
- Provide collections and services that are responsive to the diverse interests of individuals and communities
- Uphold First Amendment rights through freedom of expression, open exchange of ideas and access to information
- Provide diverse staff who are skilled, well-trained, courteous, professional and responsive to all users
- Promote reading and literacy among all ages
- Act as responsible stewards of the Library District's financial resources
- Contribute to the preservation, enhancement and vitality of our communities
- Respect the integrity and confidentiality of all customers.
Our vision provides the Library District with a forward-looking, idealized image of itself. The vision statement is a broad definition of what the Library District wants to be in the future.
The Library District will be recognized as a leading contributor to informational and educational networks and for its excellence in providing innovative, comprehensive and timely library services and materials to all the people of Snohomish and Island counties.
Sno-Isle Libraries: Connecting people, ideas and culture
Sno-Isle Libraries Administrative & Service Center, 7312 35th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271-7417
360-651-7000 (local) • 877-766-4753 (toll free) • 360-651-7151 (fax)
©2014 Sno-Isle Libraries